This is an outdated version of VOSA.
Unless you need to use this version for some reason, we recommend you to use the new one.
Go to VOSA 3.0
VOSA (VO Sed Analyzer) is a tool designed to perform the following tasks in an
- Read user photometry-tables.
- Query several photometrical catalogs accessible through VO services (increases the wavelength coverage of the data to be analyzed).
- Query VO-compliant theoretical models (spectra) and calculate their synthetic photometry.
- Perform a statistical test to determine which model reproduces best the observed data.
- Use the best-fit model as the source of a bolometric correction.
- Provide the estimated bolometric luminosity for each source.
- Generate a Hertzsprung-Russel diagram with the estimated parameters.
- Provide an estimation of the mass and age of each source
You need a username and password to use the application because it keeps a number of files and database entries with your results
and we need to be able to identify which results belong to each user so that you can recover them in future sessions. If you don't have a username and password yet, please feel free to register.
|Acknowledging VOSA in publications:|
Please include the following in any published material that makes use of VOSA:
This publication makes use of VOSA, developed under the Spanish Virtual Observatory project supported from the Spanish MICINN through grant AyA2008-02156.
Referencing VOSA in publications:
If your research benefits from the use of VOSA, we would appreciate if you could include the following reference in your publication:
Bayo, A., Rodrigo, C., Barrado y Navascués, D., Solano, E., Gutiérrez, R., Morales-Calderón, M., Allard, F. 2008, A&A 492,277B.
Other services used in VOSA
VOSA uses some external services and theoretical models that you might want to cite or acknowledge if your science benefits from the use of this tool
See the complete credits page